Friday, May 4, 2007

All In The Attitude

"Happiness is caused by things that happen around me, and circumstances will mar it; but joy flows right on through trouble; joy flows in the night as well as in the day; joy flows through persecution and opposition. It is an unceasing fountain bubbling up in the heart; A secret spring the world can't see and doesn't know anything about." --D.L. Moody--

Marvelous Joy is an attitude that results when I make the conscious choice to trust God with the circumstances and occurences in my life. By possession of this confident awareness that God is working all things together for my good and His glory, I can embrace an attitude of inner joy whether or not my eyes see His plan clearly, my mind comprehends His purposes, or my feelings match up with His promises.

“Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. “If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. “These things I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full." Jn 15:9-11.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I come here occasionally and am relieved to see that you take such a relaxed attitude. (because you don't have the time to write everyday or you would be an author!)

Anonymous said...

Why can't he write every day? It's not like he's busy! Why, when I was your age I'd already been published 3 times, was a full-time professor and CEO of my own business that I started from the ground up with just my wife and 8 kids. Slacker! hehehe, love ya!